Wednesday, June 15

From Uncle Jason Sessoms

Dylan, 

You and Adele became little partners before either of you had even seen daylight. As you were in your Mommy's tummy at the same time that Adele was in your Aunt Beth's tummy. Even then, each time the family got together, you were both talked about as "Dylan and Adele". I have heard those two names said together thousands of times in the last 9 years. Beach trips (short and long), birthday parties, Sunday afternoons... "Dylan and Adele", that is what I heard over and over. I am thankful that Adele has you as a cousin. You have both taught each other the things cousins teach each other (like sticking a straw under your arm to make noises at the dinner table). 

Then there was the combination... "Beth and Tonya". That is one I have heard tons of time as well. But the only other combination of names I heard more was "Tonya and Dylan". Me, your aunt Beth and Adele love you so much... but let me tell you something... your mommy loved you like crazy. She loved Jesus more than you but that actually enabled her to love you even more than she could have on her own. And the thing she wanted more than anything for you, was for you to love Jesus. In fact, one of her favorite songs was "How He Loves" by David Crowder, and that is the message that your mom tried to surround you with. And that is the same message that I hope you know to be true and remind yourself of for the rest of your life. 

Dylan, I could type all day long telling you about the great memories I had with your mom. I could try to recount the hundreds of thousands of things she did for other people... but the truth is that I would wear out my keyboard even trying to scratch the surface. 

Your mom was not perfect, but she knew that Christ's righteousness covered her and presented her to God the Father "as if" she was perfect. And that was such a freeing truth in her life. I hope that you will seek to know that freeing truth in your life as you grow into a young man. 


I love you,
uncle jason

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment Dylan can read: