Tuesday, May 3

From Matt Eiban

Dylan,

I don't know how to start a letter of this kind, so I will just start by saying that you had an awesome mother for 9 years! Your mom was one of the fiercest yet most compassionate women I have ever met. She lived her life with passion...passion first for her Lord and Savior, Jesus; passion secondly for the love of her life - you; passion thirdly for her church. Dylan, the Tonya that I knew gave her all in every situation. She never backed down from a challenge, she always speared an opportunity to serve head on. She always wanted to better other people's lives by giving of herself.

I had the pleasure of serving side by side with your mom as a volunteer leader at Integrity Church. I wish that I could say that I have always had as good an attitude toward serving as your mom did. There were many times when she would listen to me in my distress, in my complaints about various situations, and encourage me with her words and actions to continue serving whole heartedly. She was a friend to me, a help to me, a blessing to me. I will truly miss your mother, my friend, for the remainder of my time here on this earth.

The best thing about your mom, Dylan, is that she loved Jesus. We know beyond a shadow of a doubt that your mom is with Him right now. She is currently in the presence of the creator of the universe, she is worshipping Him, she is living fully in Him. Hold tight to this truth! She knew and wanted you to know that Jesus is Life.

I am here for you! If you ever (EVER) need anything, you can call me.
Matt Eiban (Mr. Matt)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment Dylan can read: