Sunday, May 22

From Tiffany Karr

Hello sweet Dylan,

Your mother and I spent the last few years really getting to know eachother. I had the pleasure of meeting your mother through your father. We met in Florida, do you remember that trip? Jennifer and I flew in to meet everyone from California, and to meet you and your mom for the first time. You were bouncing bed to bed in the hotel room as we chatted and got to know one another. When you dad deployed to Iraq, I had the unique pleasure of serving your mother as her key volunteer spouse. It was during this deployment that your mother and I developed a special, unique friendship that will last a lifetime.

That summer, in July, you and your mother came to California to visit me. We all had such a great time! Do you remember the ocean, getting buried in the sand, and the huge play area set up for us! Your mother was introduced to all the other spouses of the military men your father knew. It was love at first sight! Seriously, every woman she met was so pleased to meet your mother and she developed many friendships from this trip. That October you and your mother came back to California to welcome your father home from Iraq. We carved pumpkins and we really had a nice time together. Your mother was so patient with me, who had no kids yet! In showing me the gentle way she mothered you. It was Tonya I called first to tell her when I got pregnant, and your mother screamed and was so joyous for me, the way a sister would. She is so special.

The last time I saw you two was last Easter. Levi, my son, was born and the two of you came down to meet him! You treated him like your little brother, and you would tell your mother things you planned on teaching Levi! It was such a fun trip, and so neat to see the way you interacted with Levi. We went to the zoo and explored St Louis in the sticky heat. Your mother taught me how to coupon! She had such passion for things in life. She would light up when she talked about you, and had a sparkle in her eye when she watched you. She was so proud of you and so proud to be your mother! I think many of us can agree that the way she parented you was the way we all wish to parent. You two traveled a lot recently, you both went to New York and D.C. among other places. I enjoyed the way your mother shared her love for life and for you through the pictures she took. You two have so much love, and such a connection.

I do not know why these things happen Dylan. I have to rely on the promise of the resurrection of Jesus Christ and the promise that we will all be together again as my strength. You are her peach, always will be her peach, and she will always be your momma. I love you very much Dylan, and want you to know that I am only a phone call away. I would love for you to still teach Levi things, and visit us as often as you like. I knew I met a friend for life when I met your mother and what an honor to have met her and you, you are my friend for life too sweet Dylan.

Justin, Tiffany, and Levi Karr







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment Dylan can read: